topbar

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Project Sew it! - March

My March contribution to Project Sew It was to be a sweater for my brother, or a dress for myself, or even a jacket. But it turned out to be a blouse. My goal for the project was to sew one garment of a self-drafted pattern a month and I hadn't planned to draft a blouse pattern at all. Actually, I had planned this blouse as a quick project. But it turned out a little different.

Gouden Vogels
I flipped through my collection of pattern magazines and chose a blouse pattern in Knipmode's June 2012 edition. According to my measurements I had to cut a size 36 so that's what I did. I sewed it up rather quickly, but it didn't fit at all! It was too big one me, the darts were in the wrong place, and I had chosen the wrong fabric for the collar. As you might have seen on Instagram: a big fiasco! So I tore al pieces apart again and drafted my own blouse pattern. Here it is!

Gouden Vogels
Gouden Vogels

The blouse has bust darts and vertical waist darts to make it fit perfectly. I drew an open Peter Pan collar and added golden piping to it. The puff sleeves are made of an elastic lycra which is a little shine through. I finished them with some elastic bias tape.

Gouden Vogels

The blouse matches perfectly with my new blazer, bought during sales at Hilfiger!

Gouden Vogels

The original blouse was sewn in the beginning of February, but it took me a little time to find the courage to start over again. I finished my final version two weeks ago and had it photographed last weekend, so it was ready for blogging on Tuesday. That day Brussels got hit by two ISIS bombs and the whole country was mourning for a few days. It didn't feel right to publish a blog post then, that's why I'm posting it with a little delay.

Gouden Vogels

I am so lucky that all my friends and family are allright, although some of them were near the airport when the explosions happened. We pray for the families who lost someone, we light candles for peace, we lay flowers, and we keep smiling, because love always wins.

Gouden Vogels

Bird fabric: Atori Black - Echino - @ De Stoffenkamer
Pattern: self drafted, based on model 22 - Knipmode June 2012 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin