topbar

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Lotte Martens & LeChaperon(un)limited (Project Sew It!: May)

Lotte Martens is a Belgian textile designer who prints all her fabrics by hand. I am in love with her work, as you might have noticed :-) I've already made one two three four five dresses in her fabrics! Together with slow fashion company LeChaperon(un)limited she launched a textile box filled with 13 little pieces of fabric. I was so lucky to receive three of them!

The scraps of fabric in the box range from A3 format to 10x10cm. Measurements and extra information can be found here. The box contains all types of fabric, from quilting cotton to knits to felt and everything in between. I chose two ribbing fabrics (Bask Mint and Bask Rose) and one fake fur (Niyona fake fur). 
Bask Mint sweater
I combined the blue ribbing with grey sweater fabric for this simple but sophisticated sweater for my little sister.
Bask Mint sweater
The pattern is self drafted, I already used it here. On her demand, I made it a few centimetres wider for a more oversized look.
Bask Mint sweater
She was so happy with it! When she woke up and saw I finished her sweater, she immediately put it on and whispered: "Eva, this is the most beautiful thing you've ever sewn!". Seeing the enthusiasm in her eyes gave me a wonderful feeling.
Bask Mint sweater
I bet you can even see her happiness on the pictures!
Bask Mint sweater
She chose the blue ribbing, so I kept the pink ribbing and the fake fur for myself.
Bask Rose + Niyona sweater
Another grey sweater, but a little less 'plain and simple' than hers. I added white pinkish lace to the front and back panels. The pattern is the Leather Sweater by La Maison Victor. It's actually a children's pattern, but I made the biggest size (16yo) for myself and it fits me perfectly.
Bask Rose + Niyona sweater
I used the fake fur and some piping for the shoulder parts (included in the pattern).
Bask Rose + Niyona sweater
In the back, I added a special detail. An inverted pleat that subtly shows the ribbing.
Bask Rose + Niyona sweater
Bask Rose + Niyona sweater
Two totally different sweaters made using the same fabrics! For more inspiration with these (and other) fabrics, visit Ik ben Vink, Compagnie M, Petrol&Mint, Paspelpoezen, Remi & Henri, StraightGrain, Hilde@Home and De Zuster Van !
Sister sweaters

In this project I also used my new labels for the first time. I'll tell you more about them next week!
Bask Rose + Niyona sweater
Grey-blue sweater:
- grey sweater fabric: Pauli (brick and mortar shop in Leuven)
- ribbing: Bask Mint in the textile box by Lotte Martens & LeChaperon(un)limited, for sale here
- pattern: self drafted
Grey-pink sweater:
- grey sweater fabric: Pauli (brick and mortar shop in Leuven)
lace fabric: De Stoffenstraat (brick and mortar shop in Kasterlee)
- ribbing: Bask Rose in the textile box by Lotte Martens & LeChaperon(un)limited, for sale here
- pattern: Leather Sweater - La Maison Victor - size 176

2 comments:

  1. I really like the sweatshirt you made yourself - the lace and that back pleat are so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leuk gedaan. mijn favoriet is de tweede. Die zou ik ook nog dragen. Zelf ben ik immers geen sweater fan.

    ReplyDelete

Follow on Bloglovin