topbar

Monday, May 09, 2016

The scent of summer

Summer has a very special scent to me. Not just the smell of sunscreen or watermelon or swimming pool chlorine. No. To me, the start of summer is marked by the scent of freshly dried hay in the fields around our house. A few times a day, the farmer comes to turn the hay, and the rest of the day it just lies there with its perfect summery smell (I'm so glad I don't have a pollen allergy, because I love it!). So I took my sister outside for some pictures of her newest sweater in the hay.
truizus
truizus

The sweater is a co-operation: we sewed it together! She did the cutting and the stitching, I did al the serging parts. 
truizus
Every little bit of it is completely her choice. The fabrics, the pattern (oversized with separate shoulder parts), the position and color of the pocket. The only suggestion I made was adding some zippers to the shoulders instead of piping, and we're both happy with the way that turned out. It adds some 'cool' to the sweater.
truizus
truizus

In this sweater, she is ready for a Belgian summer full of rain and wind. I'm hoping she won't need to wear it that often!
truizus

Maybe you were wondering where my Project SewIt contribution of April went. Well, it was a big secret until now! My little friend Liv, the seven-year-old that I babysit, celebrated her Holy Communion and I was the one who had the honor to make the dress for that special day. I'll be showing it on Thursday!
Communie Liv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin