topbar

Monday, August 01, 2016

Magritte in Madrid

Me and my family spent our yearly summer vacation in Spain, where we visited the city of Madrid. My favorite spot was the Crystal Palace, a beautiful orangery in the midst of a parc.

Crystal Palace Madrid
Crystal Palace Madrid
Crystal Palace Madrid

The perfect location for pictures of my latest sewing creation!

Magritte T-shirt

After seeing the SS16-collection of the Spanish children's brand Bobo Choses, a collection inspired by the greatest artists of the past two centuries, I felt sooo inspired to make some artsy garments myself!

Magritte T-shirt

The first one is a T-shirt (pattern is the Harley-top from the La Maison Victor sewing magazine) in a striped jersey knit. The little men were originally drawn by the Belgian surrealist artist Magritte. I had them cut in flock foil by a sewing friend who has a Cameo Silhouette Cutter. The only thing I had to do was iron them on!

Magritte T-shirt

Of course the men are Magrittes intellectual property and I would never 'steal' ideas without mentioning their creator. So in the back I added Magritte's signature!

Magritte T-shirt
Magritte T-shirt

I already have plans for a second item in my Bobo Choses-inspired mini collection, but as you might have seen on Instagram, Facebook or the blog lately, I'm very busy sewing other things right now :-) Together with Katrien, I'll be launching my first sewing pattern next week!!! I'm so excited! More about it on Wednesday!

Magritte T-shirt

Pattern: Harley Top - La Maison Victor 
Fabric: striped jersey knit - De Stoffenkamer (sold out)

3 comments:

  1. Such a great shirt, Eva! I love everything about it - the shape, the blue stripes, the men, and the signature - it's the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun tee! Comfy and funky - oh yeah! I hope you have had a lovely holidays :) So the secret is finally out ;)

    ReplyDelete

Follow on Bloglovin